Petilly's top 10 reasons why a dog makes a better date on Valentine’s Day:
- Dogs. Do. Not. Talk. We could elaborate further but I think we can all agree this is a good thing.
- If you worry about your furbaby destroying your things the moment you step out the door, you can put him in a crate. The authorities frown upon this when it comes to dates.
- Slobber is kinda cute on a dog. Date slobber is very not cute. Ever.
- You don’t have to share your dessert with a dog even tho they want some. This is perfect because dessert is the best part about a Valentine’s Day meal and all that stuff conveniently makes dogs sick. So you get your fave sweet all to yourself. Awesome!
- If you're not the oh-so-romantic type then a dog won’t look hopefully, then desperately, and finally disdainfully into your eyes when the evening doesn’t end in a helicopter ride to Paris and a romantic marriage proposal. Won’t happen. Prolonged eye contact totally freaks dogs out.
- When a dog follows you around it’s cute. Pretty much nothing is better than being adored by your dog. If a date follows you around...it's stalking, call the police.
- Dogs don’t care how you're dressed. You don’t have to buy expensive shoes to hang out with your dog. You don’t even have to shower. Just head out on a couple of hikes, toss a ball around, dole out a healthy belly rub and you’re golden! No makeup, no ironing, no Spanx required. Win.
- You will never have to conjure up a way to sneakily “get rid” of a dog. Because you’d never want to get rid of a dog! Dogs are fun, and funny, and goofy, and handily clean food right off the kitchen floor for you when you drop it. Dates seem to think that kind of thing is below them. Lame.
- Pup snuggles are the best. Okay, snuggles from a human can be pretty darn good too, but when Buddy nuzzles into the nape of your neck and huffs a grumbly sigh, you’ll stay in that exact same position for ages so you don’t disrupt the little mutt’s comfort.
- Did I mention dogs don’t talk?
So there you go, we hope you enjoyed our Valentine facts this year.